2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
20th January 2019
Celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
This Sacrament is celebrated at the following times,
- St. David’s, Dalkeith :- Saturday evening from 5.20 p.m. to 5.45 p.m. before Vigil Mass.
- St. Luke & St. Anne’s, Mayfield :- Saturday morning from 9.30 a.m. before and then immediately after 10.00 a.m. Mass.
- In either church, at any suitable time by request.
Parish News and Events.
Please note the funeral and Mass times during the week ahead.
Please remember Peter Airlie, Karen Laverick, Patricia Bowyer and Margaret Suttie and their families in your prayers.
May they rest in peace.
This Sunday (20th January)
• A joint ecumenical service at St. John's and Kings Park.
Other churches have very kindly agreed to have the service at 12 Noon, rather than earlier in the morning, to enable parishioners from St. David's who go to the 11 a.m. Mass to attend.
The 11 a.m. Mass that day will be slightly shorter than usual, so that we can make the walk to St. John's and Kings Park in time.
I hope many of you can attend the service!
• Pro-Life Simple Teas & Coffees.
Tuesday 22nd January - Parish meeting 7 p.m. in the hall at St. David's - with a view to setting up a parish council for our joint communities.
How can we help our parish community to flourish?
Next Sunday (27th January)
Pro-Life Teas & Coffees.
Please note the following parents' meetings
for parents of children from both churches preparing for sacraments this year:
(If at all possible parents should attend without children!)
• Monday 28th January at 7 p.m. in the hall at St. David's
for parents of children preparing for the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Primary 3).
• Monday 4th February at 7 p.m. in the hall at St. David's
for parents of children preparing for their First Holy Communion (mostly Primary 4).
Please get in touch with Fr. Andrew if for some reason you are unable to attend, so that you can arrange another meeting with him.
As of February the bacon rolls on the first Sunday of every month, will be in aid of church hall funds.
Wednesday 6th February – The next parish lunch will be served up after Noon mass. Everyone welcome.